Creamware/SonicCore Pro-12 ASB

Creamware/SonicCore Pro-12 ASB

Postby untergeekDE » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:47 am

Just bought this box and was annoyed that I couldn't reach all parameters without a computer, which is especially annoying in the case of the Mod Wheel and Aftertouch settings. So I made a small panel just for the hidden settings.

Nice thing about the Creamware way of doing things is that all parameters are transmitted as CC commands - and the box sends them whenever you select a new preset, so the TBMS panel actually shows which value the controls are set to. From V1.2 onwards, I even use this to show the settings for the sound - although virtual doubles for the actual knobs do not seem to make much sense, you can see at a glance what the sound programmer has been doing.

Connect via USB (yes, it's class compatible), and set in/out to Pro-12 ASB. Don't forget to adjust the MIDI channel as well. May still have occasional bugs (I'm not sure about the Aftertouch/MW setting but that may be a bug in the firmware). Hope you like it.

Version is V1.2 as of 31-Dec-2017.
Attachments
Pro12 v1.2.tbms
Pro-12 V1.2
(1.14 MiB) Downloaded 26 times
Last edited by untergeekDE on Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:04 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Maker. Synth nerd. Serendipist. Early digital immigrant. Father of two. And more.
untergeekDE

Re: Creamware/SonicCore Pro-12 ASB

Postby untergeekDE » Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:03 pm

Uploaded V1.2:
  • Major redesign: Denser panel that only fills 2/3rds of the screen; upper third of the screen has all the Pro-12's controls - showing the settings for the sound, which is a real advantage. You CAN even use the virtual knobs instead of the real ones, although the LEDs are only signals, no buttons.

Uploaded V1.1:
  • Yet another adjustment to the Time Velocity settings
  • I realized there was no way to adjust the MIDI channel without editing the panel. Added a MIDI control setting. (In case you have wondered, my Pro-12 is set to channel 11.)

Uploaded a bug-fixed version V1.0:
  • Fixed: Vel->A Attack and Vel->D/R Attack were switched
  • Fixed: Ato->MW was not functional
  • Redesigned: Unison Voice
NB: "Unison Voice" only is effective when the "Unison" button on the Pro-12 is pressed. Depending on the setting, it reduces the polyphony of the synth: "poly2" -> 6 voices max., "poly3" -> 4 voices, "poly4" -> 3 voices, "poly5" -> 2 voices. All settings above 5 mean monophony, and to my ears, the all sound the same - so I might have labelled 6 etc. as "All In". :D

I have observed that there is a rounding error which makes it impossible to set a bend range of 23 notes - if I expand that range, the more important lower values may be miscalculated.
Maker. Synth nerd. Serendipist. Early digital immigrant. Father of two. And more.
untergeekDE

Return to Instruments Pages